Our small events funding enables enthusiasts, practitioners and scholars to run sport history events.
Application process and submission:
- The application form and claim form are only available by download below
- Completed applications must be submitted via email attachment to Dr Raf Nicholson on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis
- A panel of three, to include non-executive members will be convened for this purpose by an Executive member of BSSH with conference experience
- Applicants must provide a breakdown of key expenditure to allow informed decisions re: aspects of the event best suited for BSSH support
- Where appropriate, alternative or additional funding sources will be advised to applicants
- Awards will be notified, approved and minuted at BSSH Executive meetings
- Evidence of expenditure must be submitted to the Treasurer for reimbursement within 28 days of the event
- Applications should be consistent with the interests and aims of BSSH or demonstrate intention to enhance integration of sport history with other sub-disciplines
- Available funds per annum: £1500
- An upper award limit of £500 is available to applicants within issued guidelines
- Partial support, not complete funding of any event may be provided
- Applications must demonstrate ability to generate independent funding sources (e.g., via registration fees; other participating bodies; home institution)
- Whilst reasonable conference expenses are eligible (e.g. speaker travel expenses) fees payable to speakers are not eligible for funding
- Events in receipt of funding must undertake to explicitly acknowledge BSSH support and distribute publicity materials to delegates as appropriate.
Any queries or applications should be directed to Conor Heffernan (email@example.com).